Wiring of ovens or similar high temperature equipment such as commercial cooking equipment, heater bands, blast furnaces, e-beam and x-ray sterilization, coke ovens and cement kilns, where not subjected to repeated flexing and protected from mechanical abuse, and where the acceptability, including current-carrying capacity has been determined by UL.
Features and Benefits
- Standard lead wire for heater band applications
- Tan is the standard color. Other colors available per request.
- Insulation: non melting, non burning insulation. Mica Glass composite
- 450°C (842°F) UL/CSA Certified/ 538°C factory rated (1000°F) (UL) AWM 5107/5335
- UL® Recognized / CSA Certified lead wire / Pass UL VW-1 Flame Test
- Radiation resistant
- Oxygen-free high conductivity copper with 27% nickel-plated per ASTM B-355, Class K stranded per ASTM B-174 or Class H stranded per ASTM B-173
- Impregnated glass braid jacket
- 24 AWG to 500 MCM
- Multi-conductor versions
- Various colors available*
- Solid or stranded Grade A Nickel (Nickel 200) conductor
- Stainless Steel armor
- Special surface print
- Ampacities are per NEMA WC 73-2000 (R 2005)
*Please specify color. Last digit in Thermal Wire Part#:-1 tan, -0 black, -2 red, -3 orange, -4 yellow, -5 green, -6 blue, -7 purple, -8 gray, -9 white. Stripe color example -100 tan base color with two black stripes.