Wiring of ovens or similar high temperature equipment such as commercial cooking equipment, heater bands, blast furnaces, coke ovens and cement kilns, where not subjected to repeated flexing and protected from mechanical abuse, and where the acceptability, including current-carrying capacity has been determined by UL.
Features and Benefits
- Standard lead wire for heater band applications
- Tan is the standard color. Other colors available per request.
- Insulation: non melting, non burning insulation. Mica Glass composite
- 450°C (842°F) UL/CSA Certified/ 538°C factory rated (1000°F) (UL) AWM 5107/5335
- UL® Recognized / CSA Certified lead wire / Pass UL VW-1 Flame Test
- Radiation resistant
- Oxygen-free high conductivity copper with 27% nickel-plated per ASTM B-355, Class K stranded per ASTM B-174 or Class H stranded per ASTM B-173
- Impregnated glass braid jacket
- 24 AWG to 500 MCM
- Multi-conductor versions
- Various colors available*
- Solid or stranded Grade A Nickel (Nickel 200) conductor
- Stainless Steel armor
- Special surface print
- Ampacities are per NEMA WC 73-2000 (R 2005)
*Please specify color. Last digit in Thermal Wire Part#:-1 tan, -0 black, -2 red, -3 orange, -4 yellow, -5 green, -6 blue, -7 purple, -8 gray, -9 white. Stripe color example -100 tan base color with two black stripes.