Thermal Wire and Cable type Z Tefzel® insulated lead wire and power cables produce very little smoke when burned, is chemically inert to nearly all industrial chemicals and solvents. Tefzel® as a primary insulation couples superior dielectric properties is abrasion resistant, heat resistant and its’ durability is second to none. Its’ flexible nature and small diameter profile provides for easy, economical installations. Fully pigmented insulation in bright colors aids in positive identification. Compared to other high temperature cables that are augmented with a braid, Tefzel® insulated wire will slide rather than tear, yet its abrasion resistance helps eliminate cut-through and other damage that can occur during installation and use. Type Z conductors for general wiring are 20% smaller in diameter than braided cables allowing more circuits per conduit.
Features and Benefits
- Abrasion resistant
- 100% glass-free and are OSHA acceptable
- High stress crack resistance and also a high flex life
- Meets National Electrical Code (NEC) latest edition
- Meets UL Subject 13 / UL Subject 83 / UL Subject 94
- NEMA HP-100/HP-100-2 WC-5 (ICEA S-61-402) WC-3 (ICEA S-19-81)
- Passes Verticle IEEE 383 at 210,000/61.5 KW BTU/HR (PVC,PVC-Nylon, XLPE Fail)
- Smaller connectors Smaller conduit
- Chemical resistant insulation
- 90°C Dry and Damp Locations 150°C Dry Locations- Special applications
*Please specify color. Last digit in Thermal Wire Part#:-1 tan, -0 black, -2 red, -3 orange, -4 yellow, -5 green, -6 blue, -7 purple, -8 gray, -9 white. Stripe color example -100 tan base color with two black stripes.
** Ampacity based on single conductor in free air at an ambient air temperature of 40°C (104°F)