Soaking Pit Cables are specifically designed for extreme steel mill applications. Soaking Pit Cables are suitable for continuous operation at 200°C and short-term exposure to temperatures as high as 675°C. Scrap charging machines, soaking pit cranes, ladle transfer cars. #8/4 conductor, #6/4 conductor and #4/4 conductor are most common.
Features and Benefits
- Proven steel mill design: silicone rubber over tinned copper conductor
- Stainless steel armor protects from sparks and hot metal contact
- Pass VW-1 and the MIL-W-16878 specifications for flammability and will pass the IEEE-383 ribbon burner vertical cable tray flame test with no circuit integrity failures<
- Designed and manufactured to provide long life under extreme heat and severe flexing conditions
- When burned, modified silicone rubber leaves a non-conductive silicone dioxide ash which is an excellent dielectric that permits continued operation of the cable for an indefinite period
- Larger sizes and number of conductors available upon request