Thermal Wire and Cable type ZHF Fixture wires are intended to be grounded conductors and may be used as a tap conductor to connect luminaires to branch-circuit conductor, conjunction box or other fitting that is allowed to contain splices. Fixture wire should not be used as branch circuit conductors unless permitted by NEC code elsewhere.
Features and Benefits
- Fluoropolymer insulation provides for long term, trouble free performance in the most severe conditions
- Meets National Electrical Code (NEC) latest edition
- Meets UL Subject 13 / UL Subject 83 / UL Subject 94
- NEMA HP-100/HP-100-2 WC-5 (ICEA S-61-402) WC-3 (ICEA S-19-81)
- Reduced Fire Hazard
- Smaller connectors, Smaller conduit
- Chemical resistant insulation
- Passes Verticle IEEE 383 at 210,000/61.5 KW BTU/HR (PVC,PVC-Nylon, XLPE Fail)
*Please specify color. Last digit in Thermal Wire Part#:-1 tan, -0 black, -2 red, -3 orange, -4 yellow, -5 green, -6 blue, -7 purple, -8 gray, -9 white. Stripe color example -100 tan base color with two black stripes.
** Ampacity based on single conductor in free air at an ambient air temperature of 40°C (104°F)