Thermal Wire and Cable PLTC shielded is designed for use as instrumentation, process control and computer cables in Class II or III Power-Limited Circuits as defined in NEC article 725. They are suitable for installation in wet or dry locations with conductor operating temperature up to 200°C. They may be installed in cable tray, in any raceway, as open runs of cable. UL Listed Type PLTC is authorized for above usage grade Class I, Division 2 hazardous locations.
Features and Benefits
- OSHA acceptable
- Fluoropolymer insulation and jacket
- Compact design<
- The overall shield eliminates most of the static interference from the electric field radiating by power cables and other electrical equipment.
- Low coefficient of friction, non-stick characteristics, weather resistance, low temperature flexibility and reduced diameter.
- Shielded pairs, triads, RTDs, overall shield, thermocouple alloys, etc.
- Available with galvanized steel armor, aluminum interlocked armor or stainless steel over braid
- Jacket Thickness is between 0.012 and 0.017″
- Insulations thickness is between 0.006 and 0.016 depending on AWG