Thermal Wire’s MTG Flexing Cable is expected to perform in the most extreme of applications. Some of which include Fire Zone areas, heating and curing systems, steel mill melt shops, ladle cars, heater bands and where a solid, proven lead wire is required to operate in extreme heat conditions, continuous bending and flexing and appliance applications.
Features and Benefits
- Built from missile lead wire technology
- High flexibility
- PTFE Barrier system is temperature rated to 550°FOxygen-free nickel coated Copper
- Oxygen-free nickel coated
- Copper Nonmelting insulationFluid and vapor barrier*: Wrapped,
- Fluid and vapor barrier*: Wrapped, Braided and fused PTFE composite tape Jacket material: Glass braid Type R Yarn
- Military Specification availableUL Recognized 600 Volt UL Subject 758 (450°C) / CSA Certified Appliance Wiring Material.
- UL Listed Version
- AvailableStock item
- Multi-conductor versions
- Various colors available upon request*
- Grade A Nickel (Nickel 200) conductor
- Stainless Steel armor** Standard color is White with Red stripe
*Please specify color. Last digit in Thermal Wire Part#:-1 tan, -0 black, -2 red, -3 orange, -4 yellow, -5 green, -6 blue, -7 purple, -8
gray, -9 white. Stripe color example -100 tan base color with two black stripes
** Ampacity based on single conductor in free air at an ambient air temperature of 40°C (104°F)
Ampacity for 22 AWG to 16 AWG are per NEMA WC 73-200 (R 2005). Rating is an inexact procedure. These tables only are used as a starting point when established rating for any given situation. Ampacity for 14 AWG to 10 AWG are per NEC 2008 Article 310.